Holy ammy and Quench light

A forum to comment on any Avlis material you've read, and to ask questions about it.

Moderator: Event DM

Missian
Apprentice Scholar
Timezone: GMT +1

Holy ammy and Quench light

Post by Missian » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:43 am

Heya and hi,

Is there a problem when I want to use a Quench light scroll on my holy ammulet of Ptah.. so I can get rid of the light radius it gives... so I could sneak better using the ammy..? Ptah has some robes that give +5 to ms... so perhaps it would be not so bad to get the other sneaky skills used as well..?

with reguards,

Missian
Ripple Wanno, owner of "The Shadow Harlequin": Planar traveler, Interrests Illusions, Portals,..

I - Braq Strong Smart : Bloodkin Tribe Chieftain , Mighty Blood rager, Mage of Blood magic, Axe master,..

spool32
Team Member; Retired with Honors
Timezone: GMT -6

Re: Holy ammy and Quench light

Post by spool32 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:50 am

Hold off a bit, we'll get back to you. Dru'Elites have the same problem...
Success will be lovely, but you will have to go out and get it! Failure will invite itself in.

Your donation makes this sig possible!
Monthly donations help you Lose Weight Fast!
DM 101

Missian
Apprentice Scholar

Post by Missian » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:09 am

cool... *waits*
Ripple Wanno, owner of "The Shadow Harlequin": Planar traveler, Interrests Illusions, Portals,..

I - Braq Strong Smart : Bloodkin Tribe Chieftain , Mighty Blood rager, Mage of Blood magic, Axe master,..

Moredo
Master Sage
Timezone: +2

Post by Moredo » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:14 am

Since this isn't AtT I'll chime in with my two cents.

1. Adding light to items which are meant to be used by a wide range off different characters is not the best choice item building wise. The effects are ment as a boon, but in this case it's a negative.

2. Unless you are a follower of some God of Light (which we don't have on Avlis), I can't see how the God would care one bit.
Always consider alignment as a tool, not a straitjacket that restricts the character.
— AD&D, 2nd Edition Player's Handbook

Belasco
Silver Contributor
Timezone: GMT -5

Post by Belasco » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:03 am

CAVEAT: THIS IS A PERSONAL OPINION AND NOT A TEAM STATEMENT

Ok, now that we have that out of the way :)

My main is a Dru'Elite and a sneak. She and most of the other sneaky Dru'Elites have had the glow removed from their holy symbols. Her IC justification is: Dru'El teaches us to do what is best, to serve the greater good, and if having your holy symbol be a beacon the dark does so for you, then He has given that opportunity. If it doesn't, there are ways to remove the glow so you can do His work.

So long as you're serving your god, I don't think the gods care if you alter your holy symbol. After all you can merge it.

Holy robes are a whole other kettle of fish, though, since you have to leave the plane your god has influence on to be able to change the way they appear. Just sayin'.
R. H. wrote:Why do some people blame everyone but themselves for their problems, if they don't get that they are the problem, than there is no solution!

Missian
Apprentice Scholar

Post by Missian » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:01 pm

Belasco wrote:CAVEAT: THIS IS A PERSONAL OPINION AND NOT A TEAM STATEMENT

Ok, now that we have that out of the way :)

My main is a Dru'Elite and a sneak. She and most of the other sneaky Dru'Elites have had the glow removed from their holy symbols. Her IC justification is: Dru'El teaches us to do what is best, to serve the greater good, and if having your holy symbol be a beacon the dark does so for you, then He has given that opportunity. If it doesn't, there are ways to remove the glow so you can do His work.

So long as you're serving your god, I don't think the gods care if you alter your holy symbol. After all you can merge it.

Holy robes are a whole other kettle of fish, though, since you have to leave the plane your god has influence on to be able to change the way they appear. Just sayin'.

well I would think so personally.. but I want to have the team aprove of this so...

yet you have a good point I think... if I serve my god without the light glow as much as I do without.. ((or even better..)) why not..?

then also you could merge an evilish ammy into your O'ma holy one technically speaking right.. but it would bestrange if you do.. I know..

then the last yet side comentry.. Ptah has infulence on Hala / Ysguard for matters of Holy Robes so..

Missian
Apprentice Scholar

Post by Missian » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:27 pm

any thoughts on the matter yet..?

with reguards,

Missian

Talwin Hawkins
Team Member; Retired with Honors
Timezone: GMT+1

Post by Talwin Hawkins » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:43 pm

Once again a personal opinion.

I really dont think anyone would mind you removing the light from your ammy...it really is of little consequence.

Belasco
Silver Contributor
Timezone: GMT -5

Post by Belasco » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:22 pm

This is being discussed Team-side, we hope to have a solid answer for you in the coming day or two.

Thanks for being so patient!

Belasco
R. H. wrote:Why do some people blame everyone but themselves for their problems, if they don't get that they are the problem, than there is no solution!

KaytzaReth
Whiney Peasant

Post by KaytzaReth » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:10 pm

Before I get in trouble, was this ever decided on?
I.e. can you remove light on a holy symbol?

Deider
Senior Event DM
Senior Event DM
Timezone: GMT -8
DM Avatar: Fegall

Post by Deider » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:29 pm

KaytzaReth wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:10 pm
Checking the team archives, it looks like back in 2009 they decided that it's OK to use Quench Light scrolls to remove the light effect on holy symbol amulets. Back then it was noted that the scrolls only work when used in Visimontium; I don't know if that was ever fixed.
I like gnomes.

KaytzaReth
Whiney Peasant

Post by KaytzaReth » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:20 pm

Deider wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:29 pm
KaytzaReth wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:10 pm
Checking the team archives, it looks like back in 2009 they decided that it's OK to use Quench Light scrolls to remove the light effect on holy symbol amulets. Back then it was noted that the scrolls only work when used in Visimontium; I don't know if that was ever fixed.
Thank you!