Xbox Game bare knocking me out of game with fix

umm.. huh? (Stale threads removed after 180 days)

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Event DM

downsystem
Apprentice Scholar
Timezone: -5

Xbox Game bare knocking me out of game with fix

Post by downsystem » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:17 am

Just started getting this code that wouldn't allow me to get back into the game after I Alt+Esc.
'
Xbox Game Bar is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001

Found this solution-

Xbox Game Bar error 0x803F8001 and how to fix it
Error 0x803F8001 in the Game Bar has been caused from a server-side update which went into effect November 5th, 2020. The exact reason this is happening is unknown at this time and there is no timetable for a fix, but Microsoft are looking into it. It is known to effect Windows 10 version 1809 or newer, but not everyone is being affected by it. It seems at this time that there are no good work arounds if you are trying to record a clip or something in a PC game, but some people say an effective short term fix is to turn off the Game Bar and Microsoft Store notifications.

To turn off the Game Bar, open Settings and click on Gaming (there is an Xbox symbol next to it). At the very top will be an option to turn off or on the Game Bar allowing for recording, game invites, and party chat.

To turn off Microsoft Store notifications, again open settings, but this time click on System. On the bar on the left click Notifications & actions then scroll down until you find the Microsoft Store.
To turn off Microsoft Store notifications, again open settings, but this time click on System. On the bar on the left click Notifications & actions then scroll down until you find the Microsoft Store.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolo ... r-BB1aM9Uo
Grandrin kain Journeymen to the akn

tindertwiggy wrote-

It's not going to be perfect out of the box. That's half the fun.